Soldiers of Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soldiers of Honor is a gaming clan for the first-person shooter Battlefield 1942.

3 posters

Strasbourg [WIP]

{SoH} -=Diamondback=-
    {SoH} -=Diamondback=-

Strasbourg [WIP] Empty Strasbourg [WIP]

Post by {SoH} -=Diamondback=- Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:36 pm

This is a WIP (work in progress) I have been working on for the last couple of weeks.

The map is called "Strasbourg". It features 5 flags (neutral at round start) and two mains. The map is a medium size map, which is divided in two in it's very center by a railway. The flag at the very center of the map spawns a controllable train, of which I will post pics below. The train can be controlled like any other normal vehicle, it stays on the track and you can couple it with the train wagons, which all spawn at the center flag. Some train wagons have weapons attached to them, such as a rocket platform turret, machineguns and AAs. The code for the moving train wasn't made by me, it was made by a FHSW developper called "exe". He published the train modification on the BFMods.com website for all to use. The meshes used for the train aren't his however; the locomotive was made by a modder called "Smig" (he has a site where he publishes 3D Model), and the wagons are from the XPack2 map Raid on Agheila. I modified them slightly to my liking.

The railway goes from east to west, and the train can travel the full length without derailments. I thought it would be interesting to add a movable train in a BF map (it has never been done before). The train is not only a weapon against aircraft and armor, as well as being a troop transport, it can also be used to move from one flag to the other.

Here are some pics of the map so far. It is still very far from being finished, as I have just started placing static objects and haven't painted the ground textures yet. The textures you see on the map are the default ground textures BC42 displays when you generate surface maps. Surface maps aren't the actually textures of the map themselves, they are just a "primer" for the actual ground painting phase, which I will do later, after having placed all the statics.

So yeah, the map is, I would say, maybe 30% done at this point. The bulk of the map making process for me will be to place the static objects on the map, and import a few custom meshes too.

Strasbourg [WIP] J0qstig

Strasbourg [WIP] Xjz1UxG

Strasbourg [WIP] BRtbSsb

Strasbourg [WIP] 5Dz2JJ3

Strasbourg [WIP] OHr0Shm

Strasbourg [WIP] G7jD4Dn

Strasbourg [WIP] EXyFewK

Some custom objects which I have decided to use for this map:

Ju88A from BoB
    Pak40 from LoC
    Locomotive object made by Smig
    Train_Cart object from XPack2
    Train_Platform object from XPack2
    RocketPlatform stationary weapon from RoA map (XPack2)
    Guard_Guate_open_m1 object from XPack2
    stonecross_m1 object from XPack1
    and a bunch of other meshes, mainly from XPack2.

I plan to release this map for XPack2 and for vanilla BF. The vanilla BF version of course will be bigger in size since I have to add the custom meshes from XPack2 map side.

The XPack2 version will feature more vehicles from that mod, like the motorcycles and maybe a heavy tank or two.
    {SoH} Yatzee Moss
    {SoH} Yatzee Moss

Strasbourg [WIP] Empty Re: Strasbourg [WIP]

Post by {SoH} Yatzee Moss Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:42 am

Since the map is still being made, what if you did Spitfire vs bf109, or Yak vs Mustang. This will even the playing field a bit more. As for the map, it will be interesting to play in a 8v8 match. I would propose the map to BF League once it's finished. It looks like it has potential, Nice work Diamond! Smile
    AngeliM
    AngeliM

Post by AngeliM Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Congratulations on the work you are doing Diamond.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content